Drawing on extensive experience in the design, refurbishment and reinvigoration of libraries, Kevin Hennah can provide big-picture planning advice, detailed recommendations for refurbishment or simply an injection of fresh ideas to makeover your library on a limited budget.
Depending on needs, a typical consultation might explore:
- Innovative visual merchandising strategies for print
- Layout and management of traffic flow
- Techniques to maximise productivity of space
- Detailed and specific advice on shelving
- Innovative seating solutions
- Creation of independent and collaborative workspaces
- Inspiration on interior décor
- Library specific signage solutions
- Contemporary display and marketing strategies
- Suggestions for suppliers who may maximise impact within budget
- How to avoid creating a contemporary veneer around traditional and often outdated ideas in the design process.
Social Distancing/Remote Consultation: After discussing your needs and objectives, Kevin simply requires photographs and/or floor plan, to generate detailed recommendations. His written report is reinforced with photographs to demonstrate ideas visually and followed up with an online meeting to discuss recommendations and implementation in detail. Time requirements and fees are based on individual needs.
Half Day Onsite Consultation: (3.5 hours) Sufficient to explore a specific need such as seating, décor, signage or a mini-makeover
Full Day Onsite Consultation: (9.00am – 3.30pm) A full day is recommended for new libraries, those renovating, planning new shelving, a new layout or a full makeover. A full day generally allows time to prepare summary notes (most libraries prefer this option)
What to Expect: Each consult starts with a discussion about what you wish to achieve. Following this, Kevin will tour the library and generate specific recommendations. He then shows photographs to demonstrate ideas visually. The second half of a full day meeting is generally used to plan detail, document recommendations and create and an action plan to hand over at the end of the day.
Time requirements for larger-scale projects can be discussed on a needs basis.
Within Australia: With regular interstate trips scheduled, Kevin is able to offer a fee structure that is inclusive of all travel-related expenses. Contact Kevin for information on when he will next be in your region, or to coordinate a date that meets your needs.
Outside Australia: Kevin travels regularly to The USA, The UAE, Europe and Asia. Where possible, linking projects together to reduces travel costs. Contact him direct to discuss your needs, dates and fee structure.
Fee Structure & Bookings: Contact Kevin to confirm fees, availability and to make bookings.